Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to State of Play Games Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998; State of Play Games Ltd,
we or us
State of Play Games Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number Preston Park House whose registered office is at South Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 6SB; User, Player or you any third party that accesses the App and is not either (i) employed by State of Play Games Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to State of Play Games Ltd and accessing the App in connection with the provision of such services; and App or Application any App produced by us on any and all platforms, including but not limited to the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Device Type (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- Actions inside the app
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, State of Play Games Ltd is the "data controller".
- Only data associated with player session saving is identifiable. All other data, intended for improvment of products, is anonymised.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our App. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- to distribute player-generated usernames & puzzles distributed to other players;
- to promote the game through first or third party channels
Links to other websites
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by State of Play Games Ltd (where such Data is held) for no charge.
- Data security is of great importance to State of Play Games Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this App.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the App.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact State of Play Games Ltd by email at email@example.com.